Amcor Rigid Packaging - External Job Posting
The primary function of the Utility Operator is to be a floater and fill in for ALL production positions, with the exception of Maintenance. A qualified applicant will have experience driving a forklift (including loading/unloading trucks), either have experience with EBM (extrusion blow molding) or be very mechanically inclined, able to troubleshoot machinery, understand a sense of urgency, and keep safety first above everything else. The ideal candidate is versatile, enjoys a variety of tasks, and is able to change directions on the fly.
This position will also help with PMs on machines, run the grinder, and help keep the plant clean. They will be able to work in the Quality Lab measuring bottles and completing paperwork.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position held within the company.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of all aspects of the position.
- To actively support the decisions and policies of the company and its management.
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect and to settle for no less in return.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information, to the appropriate people, in an effective and timely manner.
- To actively expand personal knowledge of the business and related areas as they pertain to this role within the organization, encouraging others to do the same.
- To take pride in the company and help make it a success.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.