Mortgage Purchasing Specialist
Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Mortgage Purchasing Specialist. This position involves reviewing closed mortgage loan files, processing purchase funds, following up on training documents, and providing customer service through the Purchasing Help Desk. Requires strong attention to detail, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Must have excellent communication and service skills and be able to remain calm under pressure and deadlines. This position may require overtime during periods of high volume.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail with a cover letter and resume or to request an application. Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This position is primarily responsible for reviewing closed loan mortgage files to ensure they meet investor requirements, processing purchase funds, and following up on trailing documents.
- Process mortgage loans for purchase by Merchants Bank from origination channels.
- Provides customer service to all origination channels for assistance with purchasing questions through the Purchasing Help Desk.
- Reviews closed mortgage files for compliance with investor, underwriting conditions and proper execution of documents.
- Prepares and balances loan purchase advice, ACH of funds, and general ledger postings for loans cleared to purchase when necessary.
- Activates Private Mortgage Insurance Certificates.
- Order flood certificates.
- Review loans in the appropriate order and timeline as directed.
- Review and follow-up on outstanding trailing documents for all origination channels (recorded mortgage, assignment, final title policy, etc).
- Provide customer service to all origination channels for assistance with trailing documents questions through the Trailing Documents Help Desk.
- Complete projects as assigned by the Secondary Market Specialist or the AVP Secondary Market.
- Work closely with the Secondary Market Specialist or the AVP Secondary Market to improve the purchasing process by offering constructive suggestions and input and attending meetings as a purchasing group.
- Cross-train on loan delivery and trailing document roles.
- Follow up on suspense and trailing items to ensure timely clearance.
- Work closely with the Secondary Market Specialist or the AVP Secondary Market to resolve any questions/issues arising from the review of files or other duties of the position.
- Performs any other duties as requested by management to assist others in the Department as necessary.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Adherence to compliance with applicable laws concerning financial institutions
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions.
- Employee will be expected to greet internal and external customers in a friendly and outgoing manner.
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs.
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner.
- Employee will be expected to achieve measurable goals as defined by their six month and annual performance reviews.
Inside working environment, very low noise level.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires ability to operate terminal and keyboard, good finger dexterity and good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above average skill in areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Ability to stick to tasks that require some redundancy while maintaining high accuracy levels. Requires ability to articulate well and communicate well with customers. Must remain calm under pressure and time deadlines.
Personal computer skills, experience with Microsoft Excel, moderate mathematical ability, good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills. Amiable personality and team player. Position may require overtime during periods of high volume.
Responsible to AVP Secondary Market and Secondary Market Specialist, for clarification of position responsibilities and authority for proper interpretation of responsibilities. Position will have high degree of telephone contact with all mortgage loan origination channels. Must have ability to work effectively and professionally in team environment.