Come join our Family Owned and Operated Community. We offer competitive wages, company benefits, and we have wonderful residents.
Job Summary: The Maintenance position s primary function is to perform a variety of tasks to maintain structures, facilities, systems, and grounds. Duties may involve, but is not limited to, carpentry, equipment maintenance and/or repairs, electrical work, painting, and grounds maintenance.
Salary Range: $14.00-$17.00 hour based on experience
Hours: 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
Essential Functions / Duties:
- Perform routine maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate. The following are some, but not all, duties to be performed:
- Replace light bulbs, fixed clogged sinks or clogged/overflowing toilets, etc. and other tasks as necessary.
- Clean furnace filters, clean A/C condensers, and test emergency lights.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions or work with contractors to diagnose issues.
- Empty trash and clean some common areas; mop kitchen areas as requested.
- Set-up tables and chairs as needed for activities and events.
- Clean carpets and upholstered furniture as needed.
- Read work orders to receive instructions and to determine work requirements.
- Erect scaffolding or set-up ladders to work above ground level.
- Remove and/or replace fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, or electrical switch covers.
- Listen to and respond to questions and concerns from residents, families, or staff regarding apartments, facility, grounds, etc.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as needed to ensure the operation of the facility or as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Bore boltholes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Paint walls, equipment, buildings, and other structural surfaces using brushes, rollers, and spray guns.
- Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, plaster, putty, or other fillers using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, or other structures using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Please refer to the Physical and Other Requirements section for abilities that are essential as they relate to the ability to do duties listed above.
Education and Experiences: This position requires previous experience in maintenance, carpentry, electrical work, lawn care or related field.