Mortgage Disbursing Specialist
Merchants Bank, Winona, has an opening for a Mortgage Disbursing Specialist. Duties including balancing and disbursing funds for mortgage loan file closings. Also includes quality assurance on closed loans, activating mortgage insurance, resolving suspense conditions, and providing excellent customer service while working on the Help Desk. Must have strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills. Must be able to remain calm under pressure and adjust to last minute changes. This position may require overtime during periods of high volume.
Please apply in person at Merchants Bank, Winona, 102 E 3rd Street, online at www.merchantsbank.com/about/careers, or e-mail with a cover letter and resume or to request an application. Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The primary responsibilities of the Mortgage Disbursing Specialist are to balance and disburse funds for mortgage loan file closings.
- Balance, prepare and submit wires or deposit funds due to the settlement agent
- Follow-up on closed loans to ensure the return of the signed documents to the Mortgage Closing Department
- Organize, stack and deliver signed documents to the Purchasing Department
- Activate conventional monthly mortgage insurance
- Submit government insuring fees and follow-up for activation
- Submit customer identification forms for closed loans
- Resolve closing suspense conditions
- Resolve outstanding balances related to disbursing general ledgers and checking accounts
- Submit lender closing documents for recording
- Monitor the Mortgage Closing Help Desk email and phone
- Employee may be asked to perform other duties required by the Mortgage Closing Department
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Adherence to compliance with applicable laws concerning financial institutions
- Closing Help Desk Technician covers questions, CD requests and scrubs, construction draws, rush and change requests.
- Employee will be expected to contribute to a positive working environment through words and actions
- Employee will be expected to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and contacts
- Employee will be expected to complete compliance and product knowledge assignments in a timely manner
- Employee will be expected to achieve measurable goals as defined by their six month and annual performance reviews.
Inside working environment, very low noise level, professional atmosphere.
Work is performed primarily sitting at a desk. Requires ability to operate terminal and keyboard, good finger dexterity and good finger-eye coordination.
Requires above-average aptitude in the area of math/number skills; strong analytical skills. Above-average skill in the areas of problem analysis and problem solving. Exceptional organizational skills. Requires ability to articulate well and effectively communicate with others. Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and weather very high stress levels due to last minute changes.
Independent thought, good organization, self-motivation to complete tasks in a timely manner. Must have good typing skills, effective telephone and written communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel or some other accounting application and moderate mathematical ability. Should have amiable personality and be a team player. Confidentiality is a must. Position may require overtime during periods of high volume.
Responsible to the Mortgage Closing Supervisor for clarification of positions responsibilities, authority, and for proper interpretation. Position will have high degree of telephone contact with internal and external customers/contacts. Must have ability to work effectively and professionally in team environment.