- We have an opening for a SOUS CHEF position.
- Location: 4100 S. 4th Street. Leavenworth, KS 66048. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends. More details available upon interview.
- Details: The sous chef will support a 100-bed continuing care retirement community (CCRC) and a 500 student college. The approximate managed volume is $2.4M and 32 FTEs report to this position. They will be responsible for supporting the executive chef with managing all production aspects of 500 student college board plan, 100 bed CCRC, and annual catering program.
- Requirement: Must have 2+ years of culinary supervisory/management experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
It s rewarding to be the best part of someone s day. No matter what your dreams are for the future, Morrison Living will help you get there. As the nation s leading provider of inspired dining, wellness, environmental, and hospitality services to senior living communities across the country, everything we do means more when it s served with care. We believe that the best way to provide meaningful, genuine experiences for residents is to train, develop, and recognize our greatest asset our people. Joining our team means you re taking a step towards a rewarding career with opportunities to help you grow personally and professionally. Are you ready to be the best part of someone s day?
Full time associates at Morrison Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Sous Chef I, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the client s culture and guidelines, the Health Department s regulations, and the company s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef I also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate s degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
Please apply on our career site at www.compassgroupcareers.com. The direct link to the posting is below.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.