4 days/week - Full Time
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, using evidence based techniques, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient s functional status, status of all body systems as required for CMS documentation, and occupational therapy needs. Consults with the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Observes, records, and reports to the nurse supervisor and the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the patient's condition.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient and the family/caregivers, regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress towards goals.
- Visits patients within the entire service area of their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- According to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to nurse supervisor within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as requested by the agency.
- May supervise home health aides per LHC policy if allowed per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy and state regulation.Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- Is responsible for accessing education to maintain and enhance clinical knowledge and skills that are up to date with the current standards of care for the profession and to maintain state issued licensure.
- Participates in a weekend rotation to provide services for their respective agency and other nearby LHC agencies as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public