Assist physicians at assigned long term care facilities with dental care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment
- Assist dentist with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Reviews, verifies and maintains current and accurate clinical records, charts and medical history through electronic medical records.
- Assures integrity of all documentation.
- Updates patient odontogram for every patient encounter.
- Efficiently supplies instruments to the dentist for appropriate care being rendered.
- Maintains the treatment area by evacuating, washing, isolating, drying and illuminating properly.
- Provides daily feedback and works in conjunction with branch office to optimize dental schedule and reporting.
- Efficiently manages patient flow of facility visit and may push patient in wheelchair.
- May make in room visits at assigned facilities.
- Balance and generate daily production reports and provide to dentist upon departure.
- Accurately posts the dental charges to the appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of dental equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and reports to proper resources.
- Maintains and schedules planned maintenance for dental equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used at facility.
- Inspect and maintain the vehicle's exterior and interior appearance, as well as, perform basic support undertakings like routine oil changes, refueling the vehicle, changing brake lights, etc.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by auditing stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Manage resources by preparing supplies within minimum waste or need for duplication.
- Ensure all dental equipment is working properly by completing preventive maintenance requirements and following manufacturer's instructions.
- Responsible for exposing and processing digital dental radiographs.
- Educate patients on proper oral hygiene techniques.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time to and from assigned medical facilities.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Dental Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Hepatitis B vaccination is preferred.
- Must have a state radiation license or certificate.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and dentists.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon speciality division hired for. (Dental: 50 pounds or more.) Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.